Tuesday 9 February 2016

Round two!

So my first round of Chemo went relatively well, I've not felt too bad considering.. 

Notable days and things in the process include 

Days 4-7 shocking heartburn
Days 10/11 terrible back pain. Ibruprufen and hot water bottles at the ready. 
Constipation
Tiredness 

I did get a cold middle of my 2nd week and most of the way through the 3rd week which was annoying but to be fair I hate getting colds at the best of times! 

So far my 2nd cycle has followed the same side effects and pattern as the 1st and although life is moving at a slower pace than I'm used to I am able to do most things I want to still. 

After celebrating a minor victory with my hair still doing well on day 19 after my 1st Chemo using he cold cap, the very next day my hair started to thin, and by the Monday when I went for round 2 we decided there seemed little point in continuing with the cold cap.

 Although I cried about loosing my hair that day I was relieved not to have to cold cap again! It was several hours of misery which I could have coped with again if it was working but sadly not to be. With the help of my mum and amazing friend I embraced the shave on world cancer day 4th February. It seemed quite fitting really. And once again it gives me a tiny bit of control of this situation I find myself in! 

In other news I have redecorated the living room (the week after 1st chemo) and new carpet was laid day after 2nd Chemo! (What made me think that was a good idea!) There are more things to happen to finish the room off  and we're waiting for out new sofa to come but it's looking lovely and cosy so delighted with the progress. 

I was also very moved to receive a lovely gift to go in the new living room from lots of friends and families in my village, having been made meals, puddings, knitting lessons have all meant a huge amount and been a big help in me having the energy to do the things I want to do, not the things I have to get done, I'm sure the help I've had has been a big part in me feeling as well as I do. 

It's amazing how many charities I am finding out about and once all this is over will want to support in one way or another in the future. One which is lovely and gave me an amazing boost is Look Good Feel Better, http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/ who are supported by the cosmetic companies and provide the ladies an amazing goodie bag and workshop taking you through tips to make you feel like yourself again with a little slap cleverly applied to make you feel great. 

So that's where we're at just now.. I've managed a few runs including a couple of park runs since my treatment has begun, not as much running as I would have liked st the moment but being sensible! (For once) 

Tomorrow is the start of half term, big boy goes on a Cubs trip to Eurodisney and is very excited, small man and I are flying up with Jo and Beau to visit my dear friend in Scotland for much needed hugs before her new baby arrives.. And a recharge of my batteries ready for round 3 on the 22nd Feb. 



7 comments:

  1. You're amazing huni... Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for documenting your journey Lisa.....you're an absolute inspiration and I admire your courage and spirit hugely. Much love from Gayle, Henry and George xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an inspiration Lisa. Lots of love. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an inspiration Lisa. Lots of love. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely reads Lisa. Have a great weekend all of you doing your various bits and bobs Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog Lisa, and very inspirational! It's helpful to know where you're at! Keep going! Anna X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep sharing Lisa x you're doing so well and looking pretty awesome!! Keep positive - we're all praying for you xxxx Louise xxxx

    ReplyDelete